SheAttack!

Click here to edit subtitle

Articles

No Melee at EVO?! It's Official. Nintendo Is Run By Monkey People.

Posted by Nia on July 9, 2013 at 8:50 PM

Update: Nintendo of America has decided to allow the streaming of Super Smash Bros. Melee after all! I hope that this is the result of everyone raging about this situation on Twitter, Facebook, Miiverse, etc. All is now right with the world.

 

Source: http/nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-allowing-for-smash-bros-melee-stream-at-evo-2013-after-all/


This just in!


Nintendo of America will not allow the streaming of Super Smash Bros. Melee at the Evolution Championship Series (EVO) this year. You heard it right. Nintendo will NOT allow a game that is over ten years old to be streamed at the fighting game tournament of which it has already made prior appearances.


Sigh. I can’t say that this doesn’t surprise me given the recent policies Nintendo has forced onto Let’s Players on YouTube. These policies essentially prohibit Let’s Players from playing Nintendo games on YouTube and accumulating revenue from their videos. Instead, Nintendo will put their OWN ads on these videos and get the revenue that would normally go to that particular YouTuber. I understand that Nintendo wants to maintain the rights to their intellectual properties and although we, gamers, love to play games, there is a business aspect to the industry that must be upheld.


Nintendo, I really think you should throw your fans a bone here since 1) Super Smash Bros. Melee has been at EVO before and it doesn’t make sense to back track and 2) not only has the game been featured at EVO previously, the Smash Bros. community raised nearly 100 THOUSAND dollars to a breast cancer charity in order to get Super Smash Bros. Melee to reappear at THIS year’s EVO! It goes without saying that this is definitely a decision that needs to be reconsidered by Nintendo of America.


I’m not the biggest eSports fan, nor do I follow that part of the business, but a decision like this is a direct spit in the face to every Nintendo and Smash Bros. fan across the globe - especially those that helped to raise money for that particular charity.



Crazy situation. yes?! What are your thoughts? Sound off in the comment section below!


Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/09/nintendo-blocks-smash-bros-melee-streaming-at-evo



 

Categories: Nintendo, News

Post a Comment

Oops!

Oops, you forgot something.

Oops!

The words you entered did not match the given text. Please try again.

Already a member? Sign In

9 Comments

Reply Starchaser
9:03 PM on July 9, 2013 
I agree this is a spit in the face great article lol@monkey people.
Reply Nia
9:15 PM on July 9, 2013 
Starchaser says...
I agree this is a spit in the face great article lol@monkey people.


Thanks, Star! That's the only explanation. They're being run by monkey people. Completely incompetent at this point.
Reply Shokio
9:18 PM on July 9, 2013 
If they don't retract, we riot.
Reply macintosh2221
10:04 PM on July 9, 2013 
Never in my life have I seen that quick of a reversal XD it's been just about an hour XD
Reply Nia
10:08 PM on July 9, 2013 
macintosh2221 says...
Never in my life have I seen that quick of a reversal XD it's been just about an hour XD


Tell me about it lol. That was lightning fast!
Reply Nia
10:54 PM on July 9, 2013 
Shokio says...
If they don't retract, we riot.


They did. And quickly lol.
Reply Charnelle
1:45 AM on July 10, 2013 
I was wondering what all the commotion was about this EVO and Nintendo stuff, and damn, Nintendo is worse than I thought. Of course in terms of where they want to go with policies it makes sense but at the same time no sense at all especially when the cause for playing the game is a good one to boot. Plus the game is ten years old, sure it's not time to move out of the house quite yet, but you have to start letting it go Nintendo especially because most of us think this is stupid and will try to stream the game regardless. We are 'rebel' gamers like that...In the end I guess it worked out but, c'mon man...
Reply Nia
2:08 AM on July 10, 2013 
Charnelle says...
I was wondering what all the commotion was about this EVO and Nintendo stuff, and damn, Nintendo is worse than I thought. Of course in terms of where they want to go with policies it makes sense but at the same time no sense at all especially when the cause for playing the game is a good one to boot. Plus the game is ten years old, sure it's not time to move out of the house quite yet, but you have to start letting it go Nintendo especially because most of us think this is stupid and will try to stream the game regardless. We are 'rebel' gamers like that...In the end I guess it worked out but, c'mon man...


I completely agree. Nintendo is making some Microsoft level decisions these days.
Reply Ashley
4:18 AM on July 10, 2013 
Yeah I'm really glad they changed their mind. I still don't get why they said no in the first place though.